Chronic illness can lead to depression. Here are 5 tips Dr. Carolyn Daitch suggests using to maintain an optimistic perspective during an extended illness:
- Put parameters on how much time you will allow yourself to research an illness
- Instead of dwelling on what might happen in the future, focus on what you can do each day to be happy
- Try to build a belief that each day things will get better
- Use mindfulness and meditation to focus on the present and stay calm
- Visualization and guided imagery can be used to restore calm to the body and the mind
Learn more about Dr. Daitch’s approaches for maintaining a positive outlook while dealing with an extended illness in Dr. Daitch’s interview with Fox News Health.